(for using my copyrighted digital images)
Two types of license agreements are available for digital image purchases as described below.
PERSONAL US AGREEMENT
*Please note that personal use downloads are not always openly available to purchase in the Print Store. Typically, these are only available for specific occasions, such as during a sales period.
Photographer or videographer ("Content Provider") grants buyer a non-exclusive perpetual personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, "Media,") subject to the following restrictions:
• This license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the Media for display on personal websites and computers or making image prints or video copies for personal use. The Media may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The Media may not be used in advertising. The Media may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
• Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the Media remain exclusively with the Content Provider.
• There are no warranties, express or implied. The Media are provided 'as is.'
• Neither Content Provider nor SmugMug will be liable for any third-party claims or incidental, consequential, or other damages arising out of this license or buyer's use of the Media.
COMMERCIAL USE AGREEMENT
What buyers can do:
Photographer or videographer ("Content Provider") grants buyers a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, "Media,") for permitted commercial purposes, defined as
• advertising, promotion, brochures, packaging
• as part of a commercial website for promotional purposes (maximum 800x600 pixels) use
• prints, posters, flyers, and tear sheets for promotional purposes (not for resale)
• prints, posters, or other commercial displays of Media
• magazines, books, newspapers, and other printed publications
• video, broadcast, theatrical
What buyers may not do:
Buyer may not resell, relicense, or redistribute without express written permission from Content Provider. Use as a derivative work, and reselling or redistributing such derivative work is prohibited. Media may not be used in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous, or defamatory manner. Media may not be incorporated into trademarks, logos, or service marks. Media may not be made available for download.
Content Provider retains all rights, license, copyright, title, and ownership of the Media.
There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this digital image or video file. Content Provider will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential, or other damages arising out of this license or buyer's use of the Media.